Today, we are talking all about SKIN! I am obsessed with all things skincare related.The skin is the largest organ on the body and we should be nourishing and taking care of it the best we can. I am thrilled to partner with LAskinMD with Dr. Rubenstein located in Studio City and receive a Glytone Mandelic Acid Chemical Peel. There are so many benefits to this peel and I couldn’t wait to pamper myself!
My amazing aesthetician Aina was so sweet and very knowledgeable about the chemical peel. Before diving into the peel, we went over a few key benefits and the process so that I was comfortable and aware. After hearing all the benefits, I couldn’t wait to begin!
To give you a little more information about the Glytone Mandelic Chemical Peel, I wanted to highlight a few benefits that make this peel stand out amongst the others.
- Reduces the appearance of redness
- Minimizes pore size
- Improves skin texture, tone and smoothness
- Minimizes mild hyperpigmentation
- Excellent for premature signs of aging and/or acne-prone skin
- Decreases the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots
- Reduces the appearance of acne blemishes
STEPS OF THE GLYTONE CHEMICAL PEEL
Next, I will go through what to expect during your visit for a Glytone Chemical Acid Peel
- You go over the procedure with the aesthetician and what to expect during your peel, so you feel comfortable every step of the way
2. Prep the skin for the peel. This involves removing any makeup and cleansing the skin
3. Sit back relax and an enjoy a nice facial massage
4. Next, the aesthetician will like to get a closer look at your skin and see where your problem areas and concerns are
5. Then, the steamer will be directed to the face for a few minutes to open up your pores
6. The Glytone Chemical Peel is applied to the skin and decollete and wait for about 5 minutes for it to penetrate into the skin cells
7. You may experience a tingle sensation as the products work their magic! A fan is helpful to help alleviate any tingling so you feel more comfortable.
8. After, the Glytone Mandelic Acid Peel is applied and has been sitting on the skin for a few minutes, then you are ready for it to be washed off
9. After cleaning the skin, a very important last step is to apply a moisturizer with SPF to protect your skin against any harmful rays since your skin is very sensitive at this point
All these steps are accomplished within about 30 minutes!
I absolutely love getting chemical peels, but sometimes the downtime can interrupt your schedule. Some chemical peels have excessive peeling, redness, and harsh flaking that can have days or weeks of downtime. Thankfully, the Glytone Chemical Peel has minimum downtime.
Right After Treatment- The peel is very relaxing. I did not experience any burning or tingling sensation that others might, so it made it very relaxing for me. My skin immediately had a beautiful glow and I kept the moisturizer on my face for a few hours afterwards and washed my skin before bed. Do not apply makeup for at least 24 hours.
3 days post Glytone Chemical Peel- My skin only had very light flaking and had a glow to it! Moisturizing daily helped keep the flaking to a minimum. After the flaking and dry skin ends I couldn’t wait to see the results.
1 week post Glytone Chemical Peel– I can start to see the results! The dryness and flaking has come to an end. My skin feel SO smooth and soft. I actually realized that the pores on my cheeks have minimized in size. I usually get hormonal breakouts along my jawline and I’ve noticed that my skin has been clearing up and I haven’t experienced my terrible breakouts. Guys, that’s just after one treatment!
I’ve always wanted clear skin since mine is very acne prone and I feel with a few more Glytone treatments I’ll be able to achieve those results. For long term benefits this peel is great for reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and pore size. This infamous peel is perfect to get a couple days before an event to get beautiful glowing skin.
I am so thrilled with my results after just one treatment and can not wait to try more!!