If your new to my blog, welcome!!
I absolutely love skincare and want to share more tips and products to add to your daily beauty routine. I have very sensitive combination skin and get nervous to try new products in fear of breaking out. On the other hand, my skin gets use to continuous use of the same products so I like to give my skin a break and try out some new ones! This is where my top 5 favorite serums come in, because I like to alternate between use.
At a young age my mother and grandmother taught us to always take good care of your skin. It’s the largest external organ on your body- treat it with love and respect!
You always hear “drink a lot of water it’s good for your skin!” True- but that’s only a small bit of the battle. Genetics, hormones and weather take a major tolls on the skin. Not only was I never blessed with clear porcelain skin but I feel like I have had breakouts the majority of my life. Who can relate? Luckily, I’ve been changing a few things in my daily routine to help change the texture and appearance of my skin. It’s no miracle worker by any means, but it can help with fine lines, dry skin and minor breakouts.
What is a Face Serum?
If you suffer from combination skin like me – dry and oily (yay…sarcasm) then using serums is very beneficial. There are usually so many questions surrounding facial serums such as, why do we use them? Why not use a moisturizer? Will it make me more oily?
So let’s work out the details together! A serum is a skincare product you apply to your skin, neck, and décolleté, Apply on cleansed skin, but before moisturizer. Serums are made of small molecules that penetrate the skin deeply while delivering high concentrated ingredients, which makes them great for targeting fine lines and wrinkles!
Why Use a Face Serum?
Facial serums contain active ingredients like hyaluronic acid and AHA that are combative against anti-aging. Serums are great for retaining moisture and when used on a regular basis can help with making your skin firmer, smoother texture and reduce the appearance of pores.
So which ones are my favorite lately?
- Vitamin C Serum (by Zein Obagi, or another great one I love is by Vitamin C Serum by Mad Hippie for $33)- You will feel a slight tingle sensation on your skin but it lasts only a few seconds. Feel the product working!! It’s great to tighten, brighten and smooth your skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum – Herbal Dynamics Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum $20– I recently started using this brand and LOVE it! Plus everything in their line is super affordable and is effective on your skin. Potent 62% Hyaluronic Acid plumps skin, make it more radiant and delivers deep hydration, to smooth the appearance of fine lines.
- Face Oil – Salt by Hendrix – Hand and Body Oil $42, or Caudalie Vinosource Recovery Oil $50 – The Salt by Hendrix contains organic and plant based ingredients and is 100% vegan. Jojoba oil is rich in vitamins A, D and E as well as nourishing fatty acids and antioxidants! It smells amazing!
- Citrus Marmalade Luxury Face Oil $32 – It contains exotic floral oils that give skin a bright healthy glow and replenishing hydration! It contains oils that soften and condition the skin.
- AHA Serum– Farmacy Honeymoon Glow Serum $58 – This one if my all time favorite! A three-in-one night serum that resurfaces, hydrates, and clarifies dull skin while you sleep! Formulated 14% AHA/BHA/. Great solution for uneven skin tone and dull skin texture.
- Hydrating Serum– First Aid Beauty – Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum $36- (not pictured) This one I am completely out of but that’s because I use it so much. It’s very affordable and is a water-based serum that gives skin moisture for soft, smooth, youthful-looking skin!
Do I have you hooked and ready to put on your shoes and run out the door to your local beauty store? I’m right there with you! If you are not already, I hope that you start incorporating facial serums and oils into your skincare routine! The benefits are amazing for your skin! If you end up trying a new serum out please let me know. I love to hear what you guys are loving 🙂
*This post may contain affiliate links. A few products have been sent to me for review but are not sponsored. Sharing products I truly support!**